Sunday, July 4, 2010

mmm... Freedom.

Happy Fourth of July everyone! I'm still on my baking roll. I saw this at i am baker, an idea inspired by 17 and Baking.

Just an ordinary white cake...

Fourth of July Cake

Or is it?

Fourth of July Cake
Fourth of July Cake

My family seemed to enjoy it. I think just about everyone asked how I made it, and I fumbled through an explanation of layers and cutting. (If you want to know how it's done look at 17 and Baking's blog post.)

My baby cousin having the first taste.
Dylon

Hope you have a fun weekend. Enjoy your freedom and stuff. :P

p.s. I used Duncan Hines classic white cake mix and homemade buttercream frosting. The frosting recipe is here. i am baker suggested adding 1 tsp of almond extract, and it was gooooood.

1 comment:

  1. Great job!!! You did beautifully!!! Truly wonderful!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete