Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Eyes Adore You.

I was going to just do a Wordless Wednesday today, but I think I would rather ramble to you about what's been going on. I was also going to exercise, but I'm taking an "I'm tired, my head hurts, It's rainy" day. (You can avoid anything if you have enough excuses.)

Last Thursday a family friend invited my mom and I to go see Jersey Boys. I had heard of the show, but I had no idea what it was about. It turns out it is the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. I loved it! It was funny, and I suprisingly recognized most of the songs. The cast was so good; I wish I could have bought a recording of their performance. I bought the musical soundtrack, but I don't like the broadway cast as much. I should have just bought the songs from the real deal! Oh well.


My mom and I listened to the soundtrack all the way to the family lake house, which is where we headed for Labor Day weekend. It was beautiful and sunny. The dogs had a blast running around all day barking at the neighbors and I read. and read. and read. I read a little more than 300 pages in two days and finished my book. The end was full of cliffhangers, and now I am waiting in anguish for the next installment. (My aunt informs me that the next one will probably be out in a couple of years. *sad*) That makes number ten for this year:

1. The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell, Ph.D.
2. Chimpanzee Politics by Frans de Waal
3. The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
4. Food Rules by Michael Pollan
5. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
6. The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D.
7. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
9. A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon
10. An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

I don't know what I'm going to read next. I'm considering Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or The Hunger Games. Whichever I can get my hands on first I guess!

Here's some pretty purple berries at the lake:

Purple Berries

No comments:

Post a Comment