Monday, February 28, 2011

Leaves and Pimples

Hello! Today marks my 9th day of eating real food – no additives/preservatives, no sugar, and no dairy. (I realize that sugar and dairy are real food, but I cut those out hoping they will help with my skin.) It’s been easy eating the food; it’s been hard not eating the food. My gosh, when I get into snack mode I just pick and pick and eat and eat. A few almonds, a strawberry, some blueberries, a few triscuits, on and on. That’s a whole other set of issues I have to deal with I guess. The good news, all of the food was “real!”

I feel like my face is doing a little better. Maybe? Perhaps? It’s still covered in unsightly red splotches and I’ve added a few more blotches to my collection this week, but they aren’t huge or painful. I’ll probably continue this way of eating for a while longer to see if it gets any better. I have a dermatologist appointment next week, so we will see what she says. It’s probably all related to my anxieties, which is so much harder to fix than my diet. *sigh*

In other news, my mom and I went to the lake house this weekend with our 4 doggies. It was kind of gloomy and overcast the whole time we were there, but the dogs enjoyed playing outside all day. Saturday was rake day. That’s all we did, raked, and raked, and raked. The porch, flower beds, and yard were full of leaves. I was up at 7:00 (thanks Prim) clearing off the deck, and my mom joined me after breakfast. We cleared out the front walkway, but left the rest of the leaves in piles since it is so difficult to move them to our leaf pile in front of the house. I’m sure the wind will destroy a lot of our hard work, but we put a small dint in it. Plus, my arms were burning Sunday so I feel like I got a good workout in.

We got home around 4:00 on Sunday. Prim was up most of the day on Saturday so she didn’t make a peep the entire ride home and was pretty tired all of Sunday night. I was exhausted too. I was able to get a short 2 mile run in on Sunday morning, and by that night my head was pounding – probably due to lack of sleep, increased exercise (I haven’t run in so long!) and too much food. I forced myself to take a shower, get a haircut, and get my grocery shopping done for the week. My hair is so short now, which is fabulous since it’s so much easier to deal with. The hair dresser lady was just shaking her head the whole time she was cutting it off saying, “Such pretty hair and you don’t like it. You are just cutting it off and it is so pretty.” Jesus lady, I’m paying you to cut it off, stop reprimanding me! She had pin straight, thinner hair, which seems like it would be so nice. She doesn’t have to deal with the crazy frizz or the weird waves and crimps. The grass is always greener I guess.

Hopefully I will check back here soon. I’m behind on uploading my pictures for the 365 project, but I have been taking them. (Whether or not there are any semi-good ones is another story!)

No comments:

Post a Comment