Sunday, February 20, 2011

Real Food for Realz

I did my grocery shopping today and I’m officially eating real food, and only real food. I think I will take on the 10 day challenge.

Today I had oatmeal for breakfast with Stevia instead of sugar. I like Stevia better than any other alternative sweeteners I have tried. I also had a spoonful (or two…) of peanut butter, because there is no way a bowl of oatmeal would be enough to fill me up. Right now I am finishing up Skippy Natural peanut butter which has less than 5 ingredients, but I bought some (expensive) peanut butter today that is 100% peanuts and nothing else.

For lunch I had Triscuits Thin Crisps (3 ingredients), with fruits – strawberries, grapes, and an apple, baby carrots, celery, and some more peanut butter. It was like a party plate all for myself. For dinner I cooked some chicken tenders, which turned out pretty tasty. I marinated them in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt and thyme, then cooked them on the stove for about 5 minutes. I fixed some broccoli to go with it, and had an orange and grapes for desert. Now I’m eating grapes and blueberries as my nighttime snack because I can’t help myself.

I love fresh foods, and I think the only challenge will making my food last the week. I love snacking on fruits and nuts (and now peanut butter) so hopefully I can control myself so I won’t have to go shopping again. I’m also trying to stay away from dairy and sugar… all of this mostly to see if I can get my skin to clear up. I’ve been battling this acne on my face for way too long, and I’m getting sick of it.

In other news, Prim and I went to visit Pyro and Casey today. We had so much fun! Prim and Pyro played the entire time, and I got to see Casey who I haven’t seen for a few weeks (how do we let that happen?). I can’t wait until Prim is older so we can all go hiking and running and she will be better suited to Pyro as a playmate. He was good with her, they just got a little carried away at some moments and he is so much bigger than her that we had to break them up every now and then. But we shouldn’t let her size fool us, that little booger was constantly back at him trying to start a new game.

25/365

Good food, good weather, good friends, and a tired puppy. Today gets a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment