Sunday, August 15, 2010

Melted. Marshmallows.

Yesterday the water was turned off in our whole neighborhood due to some construction down the road. We didn't have water for about 3 hours. They didn't notify us beforehand. This has happened before and I always wondered how crumby it would be if say, you were in the middle of doing your laundry. Or if you had to take a quick shower before going somewhere... or if you were actually in the shower with shampoo in your hair. I wasn't in the middle of doing any of those things yesterday when the water was turned off. Nope. I had just started making homemade fondant. Homemade fondant requires that you knead melted marshmallows with powdered sugar. Melted. Marshmallows.

I had been doing some baking, and as soon as a stuck my hands into the stickiest thing ever I glanced at the clock. D'oh! The cakes I had put in the oven needed to be taken out. I moved to turn the faucet on with my wrists to rinse my hands when I hear a *gurgle gurgle clunk* and no water came out. So there I am, hands covered in marshmallows and two cakes ready to be taken out of the oven. I was not a happy camper. What did I do? I called for my mom of course. She took the cakes out as I succumbed to trying to eat the fondant off of my hands. (I later found some baby wipes to finish the job.)

A Big Mess

I spent the rest of the day in front of the TV because some days you just don't belong in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment