Saturday, July 3, 2010

American Pie

I saw this idea over at Mommy Topics and I had to try it. They are cupcakes with a little twist in honor of the Fourth of July. The cupcakes in the tutorial look way better than mine, but I bet mine taste just as good!

First, I baked little short cupcakes. Aren't my cupcake papers festive?

Cupcakes

Next, I filled the tops with canned fruit. I went with cherries and apples. I absolutely love cherry pie!!

Cupcakes & Fruit

Then I piped frosting on to make them look like little pies. Aren't they cute? I didn't get many good pictures of the finished product. I was so tired by then; I made a lot!

American Pie Cupcakes
American Pie Cupcakes American Pie Cupcakes

I wasn't too tired to try one though!

Taste Test!

mmm... gooey deliciousness!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love this!!! I'm posting this link on my FB page.

    Have a Happy 4th of July!

    Blessings
    Rachymommy - MommyTopics.com

    ReplyDelete