Saturday, July 31, 2010

100 Cookie Cutters!!

I think I've lost all sense of self preservation. I am so tired. I've been on the go everyday this week. On Wednesday I attended a presentation at the animal shelter where I volunteer. It was about the spread of disease, an important concept to grasp in a shelter environment. The most memorable thing I learned was, "If feces fluoresced, the world would glow."

Thursday I was invited out to happy hour with two friends from school, Jillian and Angela, in celebration of Jillian's birthday. I didn't like the idea of showing up empty handed to a birthday celebration so I decided late Wednesday night to make cookies. I think I forgot how labor intensive making cookies is - make the dough from scratch, cut and bake cookies (with only one cookie pan), let cool, make all frosting by hand, decorate cookies using a toothpick because I can never seem to get the frosting consistency right, and boxing them up after they've dried. I didn't get to bed until around 2:00. (Then I got up that morning before class to go swimming with Casey and Stephanie which was really fun, but left me with little sleep.)

So anyway, I wanted to make Jillian cookies but I didn't have the time or energy to be very creative. Thankfully I bought the best thing ever last week - a bucket of 100 cookie cutters! I poured them onto the table and giggled (literally) with glee. I don't know why I thought it was so funny, but I laughed the whole time I was picking random cutters, having decided to make all of her cookies different shapes. I guess I figured funny shapes would make up for the fact that the cookies weren't that extraordinary.

Cookie Cutters
So many choices

Birthday Cookies! Birthday Cookies!

Happy Birthday Jillian!
My cookie cutters set has the whole alphabet!

Oh No! Birthday Cookies!
T-rex's head broke off. :( I was forced to eat him.

Jillian seemed to really like them, and we had a fun night - we ate at Sushi Zushi, had tea at the Steeping Pot, and shopped around the Domain. Friday was a blur at work, but thankfully we were busy all day long. If I had been idle I think I would have fallen asleep at my desk. I was able to wake up at a respectable 8:00 this morning with enough energy to blog! Now I need to go exercise with all this eating out and baking I've been doing.

Hope your weekend is fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment